RESOLUTION NO. 8 of 2022 A RESOLUTION STATING THE 2020 CENSUS POPULATION OF THE JEANERETTE CITY COUNCIL ELECTION DISTRIC

City Ordinances
City Clerk
Site Admin

RESOLUTION NO. 8 of 2022 A RESOLUTION STATING THE 2020 CENSUS POPULATION OF THE JEANERETTE CITY COUNCIL ELECTION DISTRIC

Postby City Clerk » Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:47 pm

The following resolution was offered by Alderman Lancon, seconded by Alderman Clark and duly resolved:

RESOLUTION NO. 8 of 2022

A RESOLUTION STATING THE 2020 CENSUS POPULATION OF THE JEANERETTE CITY COUNCIL ELECTION DISTRICTS AND DETERMINING IF REDISTRICTING IS REQUIRED

A Statement of Determination on whether redistricting of the Jeanerette City Council Election Districts is necessary following the release of the 2020 Census Counts and providing further with respect thereto.

SECTION 1: The Census 2020 count has been completed and the PL 94-171 reapportionment data was delivered to the State of Louisiana on the 12th of August 2020, and

SECTION 2: The Jeanerette City Council, under LA RS: 33:1371 must make a determination whether reapportionment is necessary with the Census 2020 population count, and

SECTION 3: A study was conducted on behalf of the City Council that calculated the new Census 2020 counts for each election district, and

SECTION 4: The current districts have the following Census 2020 population numbers: and

SECTION 5: Districts 1, 2, 3, and 4 are within the allowable +/-5% deviation from the ideal district population of 1,208.

THEREFORE BE IT ORDAINED, The Jeanerette City Council hereby declares that a reapportionment of the election district boundaries is not necessary since the 2020 population of the current election districts are within the allowable +/-5% from the district average.

This Resolution having been, carried with a voice vote of all yea, no abstain and Alderman Ward absent the above resolution was duly adopted:
THEREUPON, the above resolution was declared adopted.

********************************************************************************************
C E R T I F I C A T E

I, Susan Colden, hereby certify that I am the City Clerk of the City of Jeanerette, and that the above and foregoing is a true and correct copy of a resolution adopted by the Mayor and City Council of the City of Jeanerette on the 13th of June, 2022 at which time a quorum was present and voting.

IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL OF THE CITY OF JEANERETTE, this 13th day of June, 2022, at Jeanerette, Louisiana.

_________________/s/___________________
SUSAN COLDEN CITY CLERK
CITY OF JEANERETTE