seconded by Alderwoman Moore and carried:

RESOLUTION 9 OF 2022

A RESOLUTION GRANTING THE AUTHORITY TO THE MAYOR
TO SIGN AND SUBMIT ALL NECESSARY DOCUMENTS
ALONG WITH ADOPTING CERTAIN PROCEDURES
IN CONNECTION WITH THE
WATER SECTOR PROGRAM
FOR WATER SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS

WHEREAS, the City of Jeanerette has been awarded a Water Sector Program grant in the amount of $1,390,293.00 for a water system improvements project; and

WHEREAS, the Water Sector Program which is administered by the Louisiana Division of Administration, Office of Community Development involves a significant amount of documentation, reporting, along with compliance with other federal regulations, statutes, and procedures; and

WHEREAS, for this Water Sector Program, the City of Jeanerette desires to comply with these requirements, statutes and procedures.

NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the City Council of the City of Jeanerette that the Mayor is hereby authorized to sign and submit the Cooperative Endeavor Agreement with the Louisiana Division of Administration, any amendments or extensions thereof, all of the necessary reports, studies, plans, certifications, assurances, contracts, change orders, requests for information, close-out documents, and any other documents required in connection with this Water Sector Program.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the following officials and employees are hereby authorized to sign Request for Payment forms under the Water Sector Program and that Louis Lancon is hereby authorized to witness and certify that the below mentioned officials and employees actually sign the authorized signature card for this Water Sector Program.
Carol Bourgeois, Jr.
Susan E. Colden
Alida Alexander
Ianthia Joseph
THEREUPON, the above resolution was duly adopted.

**************************************************************************************************
C E R T I F I C A T E

I, Susan E. Colden, do hereby certify that the above and foregoing is a true and correct copy of a resolution adopted by the Mayor and City Council of the City of Jeanerette at a regular meeting held at City Hall, Jeanerette, Iberia Parish, Louisiana, on the 13th day of June, 2022, at which meeting a quorum was present and the City Council voted unanimously in favor of the adoption thereof.

IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL OF THE CITY OF JEANERETTE, this 13th day of June, 2022, at Jeanerette, Louisiana.

/s/
Susan E. Colden