RESOLUTION NO. 5 of 2022 A RESOLUTION RECOGNIZING THE BENEFITS OF THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT

City Ordinances
City Clerk
Site Admin

RESOLUTION NO. 5 of 2022 A RESOLUTION RECOGNIZING THE BENEFITS OF THE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT

Postby City Clerk » Thu Apr 28, 2022 10:34 am

The following resolution was offered by Alderman Lancon, seconded by Alderman Ward and duly resolved:

RESOLUTION NO. 5 of 2022

A RESOLUTION RECOGNIZING THE
BENEFITS OF THE COMMUNITY
DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT

WHEREAS, the week of April 11-April 15, 2022 has been designated as National Community Development Week. Jeanerette has been a participant in the Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Program in this community; and

WHEREAS, in this community and communities throughout the nation, forty-seven years of Community Development Block Grant Program funding has developed a strong relationship between this local government and its residents, principally those of low-to-moderate income, and

WHEREAS, this community recognizes that the Community Development Block Grant Program is a partnership of federal, state, and local government and community and business efforts, and that the services funded by the CDBG Program relies heavily on the dedication and good will of our combined efforts.

NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that during Nation Community Development Week 2022, this community will give special thanks and recognition to all participants whose hard work and devotion to the neighborhoods and their low-and moderate-income residents help ensure the quality and effectiveness of the Community Development Block Grant Program, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that this community, along with the service providers and others whose names are appended to this resolution, hereby petition the U.S. Congress and Administration to recognize the outstanding work being done locally and nationally by the Community Development Block Grant Program, and of its vital importance to the community and to the people who live in its lower income neighborhoods, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that copies of this resolution be conveyed to the appropriate elected and appointed officials of the federal government and that this community’s name be added to the roll of those committed to the preservation and full funding of the Community Development Block Grant Program, maintenance of its essential features over the course of the next session of Congress.

THEREUPON, the above resolution was declared adopted.

****************************************************************************************************
C E R T I F I C A T E

I, Susan Colden, hereby certify that I am the City Clerk of the City of Jeanerette, and that the above and foregoing is a true and correct copy of a resolution adopted by the Mayor and City Council of the City of Jeanerette on April 11, 2022 at which time a quorum was present and voting.

IN TESTIMONY WHEREOF, WITNESS MY HAND AND SEAL OF THE CITY OF JEANERETTE, this 11th day of April, 2022, at Jeanerette, Louisiana.

/s/
SUSAN COLDEN
CITY CLERK
CITY OF JEANERETTE